CentOS IRC meetings

Meeting schedule

The IRC meetings schedule is driven by the github.com/CentOS/Calendar repository. To propose a change or add a meeting, please submit a pull-request to that git-hub repository. This repository is mirrored to git.centos.org.

Here is the link to a .ical file containing all CentOS IRC meetings, for use in your favorite calendaring app: iCalendar Meeting Schedule

A list of all meetings is available below.

Logging

CentOS IRC channels and meetings are often logged using a meeting bot, for the purpose of taking minutes. You can find them here.

Meeting List

Here is a list of current meetings with their descriptions:

Atomic SIG

  • Weekly on Thursday at 1600 UTC in #centos-meeting
  • Chair (to contact for more information): Jason Brooks (jbrooks)
  • Link to Project Site
  • The SIG is working on several goals including shipping a minimal CentOS Atomic Host that focuses on running Docker containers in production.

Cloud SIG

  • Weekly on Thursday at 1500 UTC in #centos-meeting
  • Chair (to contact for more information): Rain Leander (leanderthal) and Kushal Das (kushal)
  • Link to Project Site
  • The proposed CentOS Cloud SIG (CCS) is a group of people coming together to focus on packaging and maintaining different FOSS based Private cloud infrastructure applications that one can install and run natively on CentOS. We are a non vendor, non technology and non agent specific focus group, but we will gladly work with and build content to suit relevant niches or vendor ecosystems. This group specifically targets users who wish to install and run their own, independent ( or hybrid ) cloud infrastructure on CentOS Linux.

The CCS intends to take ownership of existing CentOS Project relationships with vendors, and help to maintain the updated package repositories for all participating cloud projects.

Community Buildsystem & Infrastructure Meeting

  • Weekly on Monday at 1400 UTC in #centos-meeting
  • Chair (to contact for more information): Brian Stinson (bstinson), Fabian Arrotin (Arrfab), Karanbir Singh (kbsingh), Thomas Oulevey (alphacc)
  • Link to Project Site
  • The CBS/Infra meeting is for discussing and coordinating operations in the Community Buildsystem. Anyone are welcome to attend and discuss client tools, jobs in the buildsystem, feature requests, and anything related.

Config Management SIG

  • Every two weeks (on even weeks) on Friday at 1700 UTC in #centos-meeting
  • Chair (to contact for more information): Julien Pivotto (roidelapluie)
  • Link to Project Site
  • The Config Management SIG is a SpecialInterestGroup that aims to bridge the gap between Config Management tools Power users and traditional users by producing and release RPM packages of several Configuration Management and Orchestration tools.

CPE Sustaining team stand-up

  • Weekly on Monday at 0830 UTC in #centos-meeting
  • Weekly on Tuesday at 0830 UTC in #centos-meeting
  • Weekly on Wednesday at 0830 UTC in #centos-meeting
  • Weekly on Thursday at 0830 UTC in #centos-meeting
  • Weekly on Friday at 0830 UTC in #centos-meeting
  • Chair (to contact for more information): Pierre-Yves Chibon (pingou), Fabian Arrotin (Arrfab), Vipul Siddharth (siddharthvipul)
  • Link to Project Site
  • Sustaining team is a sub team of Community Platform Engineering in Red Hat. They maintain and develop applications for CentOS and Fedora

NFV SIG

  • Every two weeks (on odd weeks) on Wednesday at 1500 UTC in #centos-meeting
  • Chair (to contact for more information): Alfredo Moralejo (amoralej)
  • Link to Project Site
  • The goal of NFV SIG is to provide a set of packages related to virtual networking and Network Function Virtualization for CentOS and pursue the cooperation between different users and projects sharing the interest on these software pieces.

  • Link to Agenda

OpsTools SIG

  • Weekly on Wednesday at 1800 UTC in #centos-meeting
  • Chair (to contact for more information): Matthias Runge (mrunge) and Ric Megginson (richm)
  • Link to Project Site
  • The SIG will provide tools for operators, system administrators, devops and developers doing infrastructure engineering on content based on CentOS Linux. We will aim to support the Config Management SIG ( https://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/ConfigManagementSIG ) and repurpose their content as and when needed in our space.

PaaS SIG

  • Weekly on Wednesday at 1700 UTC in #centos-meeting
  • Chair (to contact for more information): Troy Dawson (tdawson)
  • Link to Project Site
  • The SIG will work on delivering multiple PaaS Stacks. These stacks will come in various formats (rpms, containers, images etc ) The content will be delivered into the CentOS Ecosystem for end user consumption, run as a service, and support other CentOS Ecosystem projects.

Software Collections SIG Sync-up

  • Every two weeks (on even weeks) on Tuesday at 1400 UTC in #centos-meeting
  • Chair (to contact for more information): Jan StanÄ›k (jstanek)
  • Link to Project Site
  • The Software Collections SIG will provide an upstream development area for various software collections and related tools. Developers can build on and extend existing SCLs, so they don't need to re-invent the wheel or take responsibility for packaging unnecessary dependencies.

Storage SIG

  • Monthly on Tuesday at 1000 UTC in #centos-meeting
  • Chair (to contact for more information): Karanbir Singh (kbsingh), Niels de Vos (ndevos), Giulio Fidente (gfidente)
  • Link to Project Site
  • The CentOS Storage Special Interest Group (SIG) is a collection of like-minded individuals coming together to ensure that CentOS is a suitable platform for many different storage solutions. This group will ensure that all Open Source storage options seeking to utilize CentOS as a delivery platform have a voice in packaging, orchestration, deployment, and related work.

  • Link to Agenda

Virtualization SIG

  • Every two weeks (on even weeks) on Wednesday at 1600 UTC in #centos-meeting
  • Chair (to contact for more information): George Dunlap (gwd)
  • Link to Project Site
  • The CentOS Virtualisation Special Interest Group ( virt-sig ) is a group of people coming together to promote and use CentOS Linux as a base platform as a suitable platform for various virtualisation efforts. This includes type-1 and type-2 hypervisors like Xen and KVM, containers and containment based technologies like LXC and other system and process level virtualisation technologies in the future.

Page generated on 2020-08-27 19:53:55.048876 UTC